Well, J and I have been very busy with school, work, and PLAY and trying to enjoy every bit of Christmas time! Our fun started Thursday when we got a package in the mail from mom..she sent us a lil penguin that counts down to Christmas! SO cute! The only place we have to put it is on the towel rack behind out door...but it's a decoration and I love it!!
Friday we went to the football game with Ash and Iasi. It was state championship and it was Kamehameha vs KAHUKU. Sadly, Kahuku didn't quite pull through, but it was still alot of fun! The guys about lost their voices and the crowd was INTENSE.
Iasi and Ash were bummed that they weren't doing as well as 2002 team.....
Red Raiders, Red Raiders!!
Cheering is SO intense!!
Saturday I had to work at 6 in the morning, so I had to get up at 4, so when I came home I really was going to just sleep, but instead I made some cookies with Ash and went to some yard sales where I finally found some little ornaments for our little tree! It was so fun! While J was at work, I made him some Thai Peanut Chicken, put in Muppets Christmas Carol (Since J didn't even KNOW what A Christmas Carol WAS!!!), and set the cookies out where he'd find em! We spent the evening eating yummy food and (for me reminiscing) seeing a new movie about Christmas for J. It was so fun to just relax in our lil home and enjoy the Season.Today we went to the broadcast of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was SO good. I LOVE the holidays, AND President Monson. We heard some wonderful stories that made me so thankful for the Christmas I do get to have and the family I have. Afterwards, we played some games with Ash and Iasi, which was HiLARIOUS, and J and I came home to decorate our little tree!
Our tree.
-Is shorter than the stool it sits on.
-Is pinned to the stool cushion so it will sit still.
-It too little to handle one package of mini bulb ornaments.
-We pinned our stockings to the stool so they hang under the tree..and they are larger than our tree!
-Presents won't actually fit on the cushion (tree) now....so they actually go under the STOOL.
-I almost cried with desperation from trying to get out tree to hold still and hang our stockings...but we will look back and enjoy our tiny Christmas...maybe in a few days I'll have a better appreciation!
I do love it tho. I love that I CAN have a Christmas, AND that J already has a present for me under the tree!! hehehe.
Merry Christmas! Enjoy the holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment