Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Christmas Time

So Christmas seems to be RIGHT around the corner! And we are getting all ready for it at the Scanlan Box (My friend pointed out I live in more of a box than a house). We have bought a small tree that is place on the only stool we have, and the only ground place for it. I have placed a Christmas pillowcase under it that I brought with me a few years ago for a tree skirt, and used a red bow to tie around the stool. We don't have any lights for the tree, or ornaments. We just have a single snowflake I cut out taped to the cupboard. But I am determined to at LEAST make some more snowflakes! :) It seems so hard to take time out to enjoy the season, not just because you have to remind yourself it's December when it's warm outside, but because school is keeping us SO busy up until we are leaving. We have gotten ourselves some stockings (J's very first) and they are currently hung on a hanger on the towel rack on the back of our door. It seems this Christmas is sneaking up on us! I'm still trying to enjoy it though. I ONLY listen to Christmas music and I am constantly thinking of all the things I would like to do for all these people I ADORE! I am just hoping we have time for it all..
We leave for New Zealand on the 18th, and I realized that I'm going to have to get used to a whole other way of doing Christmas. I haven't ever had to do that before. In fact, I've never been away for Christmas. I am trying to not get homesick, but the thought of snow, hot chocolate, warm blankets, and mom's cooking is making it difficult. I told J today how I will have never gone this long without family! I have ALWAYS come home every few months! And we are hoping that if we are LUCKY we will make it back to the mainland next summer...GUH! This sure makes me thankful for phones, emails, packages, and skype! It is SO true that Christmas is all about family. I don't want anything for Christmas but family. But I am excited to come to love the new family that I have and spend this holiday time with them. J and I are saving and making all the arrangements to go, and I AM glad that he is SO excited. I cannot IMAGINE not being home for 3 years. Tough guy! We hope to do alot while we are there and enjoy being "home". I had to quit my job the other day because nobody is allowed to take the holidays off, but it is completely worth it. When it comes to family, it is amazing what we are willing to give. I am so grateful for all of my family and I cannot wait til I can see all of them again! I sure am thinking of them alot during this Holiday time.....projects and papers can't take that from my mind! Merry Christmas, Love you.
I thought this was funny....I tweaked the name and year to make it relate...haha

No comments: