So we are currently waiting for our flight at the Nadi Fiji airport. And it's been so interesting so far. The flight here was okay. Seemed WAY longer than 6 hours tho! When we got to our gate at the Honolulu Airport, they were having a huge celebration because this is the first direct flight to Fiji for Continental Airlines. We were given leis, bags that said "FijiME), drinks, cookies, a band playing, a hula girl, and the mayor was there. There was a huge speech and a Hawaiian Priest came and blessed the flight. IT was pretty cool! Once we got to Fiji, we decided to get a room because it was only midnight and our flight wasn't until 5pm. We got the best hotel that they said they had around here...and it was AWFUL. I pretty much didn't want to use the bathroom and I didn't want my body on that bed. But it was okay...I survived, amazingly...(I'll just say it was an adventure) We had to check out at noon, but the shuttle didn't leave for the airport until 2, so I sat and read The CHristmas Jars to J (to get him in the spirit!). Once we got back to the airport, we found out that we had to get our luggage from customs because although our last airlines told us they were sending it all the way through to NZ and we couldn't pick it up..they were wrong. So we had to talk to a bunch of people to find our suitcase that I was praying was still here. WE found it at last after many prayers and checked in, went thru security, and now we are waiting for our flight! We got some butter chicken, but J swears it's not half as good as the butter chicken his neighbor from his mission made. lol. It's just been an adventure and DIFFERENT. Very different holiday for me..but I'll try my best to enjoy it! J and I are together and we are safe, and after every stressful moment, we laugh and can relax, and I think we will make it! Anyways...this is the update thus far! Bula!!
Pictures to come!
5 days ago

1 comment:
Haha how did I KNOW there'd be an update if I checked? Yay :)
Cool @ being on the fijiME flight.
Boo @ dirty hotel.
Jealous @ you're probably in NZ as I type.
xo @ you guys. hope you're having a good vacay so far.
Post a Comment