Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July





Happy 4th of July!
Well, today has been a nice day, and for the first time ever, I realize how lucky we are to live in this free country. After staying in China for a few weeks and seeing how restricted they are, I have a much greater appreciation for USA. It was a nice day. Ki and I watched the fireworks from a park by Lake Union. It was awesome! This last week I haven't worked much, but I start up full time starting Monday. The other day we decided to go to the Arboretum, which is just a huge forest/park. And after walking around, we got lost and could find our way out! We got our fill of being out with nature. Kiley has been working in Kirkland and one day before work we walked into a little bakery and found that all the cupcakes were gluten free! We were so excited because Kiley can't have wheat and she hardly ever finds treats that are YUMMY that she can eat. So we both got gluten free cupcakes, and that made our day :). Jordan comes back in a few days from her cruise through the Mediterranean. I am excited to see her pictures and hear her stories. Ki and I are running out of things to talk about. Ha. Sometimes we start our conversation with, "So what do I NOT know about you...?"


No comments: