
So this last week...another change!
J has decided he wants to change his major. Yes...he IS a senior. What would he like to major in, may you ask?? Art. Let me give you a little background info on the hubs.
J is an artist. He draws. He sketches. He creates art on the computer.
IT. IS. WHAT. HE. DOES.
So, I learned to love it. I am not the best artist. Anytime I need a drawing of something, I just get J to draw it out for me, just the way I want it! Pretty sweet, huh?
Well, J's dream is to become an animator. And it may seem impossible, but we are workin' hard to get him to where he wants to be! He has the skill and potential!
Well, BYUH did something quite mean a few months ago....they got rid of our major! IDD (Graphic Design) was dropped and no longer available for a major. So, all those in that major would have to graduate as a Bachelor of University Studies. Doesn't sound as sweet as Bachelor of Science, huh? SO, J decided that Masters Programs won't be as impressed to hear of a "University Studies" Graduate, as they would a "Art" Graduate.
I thought it sounded like a pretty legitimate reason....(sigh)....so I guess we might be here for awhile...
.......I'm thinking maybe I should switch my major over too.....

2 comments:
that sucks! i do not think that is fair as a senior they should just allow them to graduate with that degree! i saved an article in the midweek for you.it is about an animation studio in honolulu hiring local artist. hawaii animation studios, 1132 bishop st. he might want to check out any opportunities there. what are you changing your major to? i wouldn't change at this point!
I'm sorry Chels. Hang in there and keep on your knees! =)
Post a Comment