Saturday, March 7, 2009

Coconut Buns


So I usually make J foods from home, and I never think that they may be "different", but J hasn't had half the things I make until he met me. I had to teach him how to make Mac N Cheese and he said he has never had so much pasta in his life. I told him I want to have something that he has at home then, so he decided to make me a treat from home. He told me about these things called Coconut Buns and I have been bugging him for weeks to make them. So last night we decided to stay at my house and cook and watch movies so J made me coconut buns. He had to call home in New Zealand to get the recipe, and he had never made them on his own before...but they were really good. They are rolls that are baked in a dish of a coconut glazish stuff, so the buns soak it up. They aren't too sweet, just enough to enjoy the coconut and call it a treat. They were soo good! While J did that, I made Spaghetti and Meatballs. IT was fun.
It has been really rainy, windy, and cold since I've been back and so there isn't alot to do outside, which is not common in Hawaii. I am done with Midterms, and now I have one month left for the end of this semester. I got my plane ticket home and I'll be back in Idaho on the 17th of April. I'm going on a study abroad for a month to Asia where I'll go and meet with different businesses in the different countries and go see asia! I'm really excited so I'm just preparing for that right now too. I leave at the end of April for that. I'm not sure exactly where we are going yet, I don't think they have quite finished the itinerary, but I know we are going to Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and probably Beijing or Shanghai, and a few other places too! I'm very excited about this experience. I'll get some business credits for this study abroad also!


1 comment:

J and D said...

Fun! Are you gonna share the recipe with me Chels?